Home > Appliances > Uniden Baby Monitor Explosion Causes Scare

Uniden Baby Monitor Explosion Causes Scare

WA Today is reporting that an incident with Uniden’s popular BW3400 multi-camera baby monitor saw it explode.

According to the Perth parents involved with the incident, “The lithium batteries inside were all swollen … the monitor was only eight months old, and had always sat at the head of her cot.”

The couple were about to put their child to bed when they heard a bang and discovered the monitor seemed to have exploded in their absence. 

They have since been promised a replacement unit by the manufacturer.

ChannelNews reached out to Uniden’s PR agency for comment and were told “Uniden Australia has never received any consumer feedback of this nature before. We take any product concerns seriously and can’t provide further comment until we thoroughly review the unit.”

You may also like
Who Has The Best Accessory? Best Of Best Awards Announced
Uniden Beefs Up Oz Security Range
Oz Turning To Dashcam Footage For Claims Assistance
Uniden Unveil Dual Camera Dash Cam
Next Gen Connected Devices Take Off & Consumer Love Them