Logitech ‘Harmony’ Products Receive Google Assistant
Logitech has announced its Harmony hub-based products are now compatible with Google Assistant on Google Home, eligible Android phones and iPhones throughout Australia.
Australian users are able to use their voice to control Harmony Elite, Harmony Companion and Harmony Hub.
From today, consumers can call on Google Assistant to launch ‘Activities’ from their Harmony hub-based remote. Voice-control will also allow individuals to access a suite of other actions, inclusive of powering on an AV receiver and speaker, or even dimming the lights.
Below is a list of various ways consumers can control their TV entertainment experiencing, using the new integration:
“Ok Google, ask Harmony to…”
- “…turn on Netflix.”—Directly launch channels like Netflix on your Roku device
- “…turn on SBS or Ten.”—Any of your favourite channels set up in a Harmony account can be triggered
- “…turn on my ‘Good Morning’ Activity.”—When you set up an Activity such as “Good Morning” in your Harmony account, you can set Philips Hue lights to warm colours, turn on the TV, and play music from your Sonos speakers
- “…mute the TV.”—Easily mute, raise, and lower the volume
- “…go to channel number 15.” —The Google Assistant and Logitech Harmony allow you to directly change to the channel you want
Users are able to skip the phrase “…ask Harmony to?”, by accessing Google Assistant shortcuts to set up phrases such as “Ok Google, turn on the TV,” or “Ok Google, mute my stereo.”
Users can learn about more features accessed through Logitech Harmony and the Google Assistant via the company’s website here.
Google Assistant voice control will roll out to around 270,000 devices which are supported by the Logitech Harmony platform.
Rory Dooley, Head of Logitech Smart Home, states of the voice integration:
“Voice has a powerful role in simplifying our home entertainment experience and people across the world continue to enjoy this”
“We are focused on bringing even more hands-free control experiences to customers, so we’re very excited to introduce this latest integration with the Google Assistant to Australia. It truly makes home entertainment even more seamless and fun”.
Logitech Harmony Elite (RRP $449.95) is now available at logitech.com and selected Australian retailers.