The Four Tuners will allow iQ2 subscribers to record two programs while watching a third program live, at the same time. Only the iQ2 has the Four Tuner functionality making it the most advanced PDR currently available in Australia.
The latest High Definition FOXTEL iQ2 is a stylish PDR with a liquid-black finish – it records programs onto its internal hard disk drive that can be easily played back using FOXTEL’s intuitive electronic program guide.
The Four Tuner functionality will be enabled automatically to every FOXTEL iQ2, meaning iQ2 subscribers will not be required to do anything to receive the new feature and should be able to access the Four Tuner functionality by December 1, 2008.
Features of the FOXTEL iQ2 also include:
* The ability to pause and rewind live television, record two programs at the same time while watching a third live channel or watch a pre-recorded program from the FOXTEL planner, as well as access to Series Link programs so they can record an entire season with a single button press.
* Using FOXTEL’s Online Guide through the internet or a 3G mobile phone to set up the Remote Record functionality to record their favourite programs when away from home.
* Future-proofing as FOXTEL is able to provide software updates to the unit enabling subscribers to access the latest functionality and new technology over time.
* A 320GB disk drive, allowing subscribers to typically record approximately 30 hours of High Definition (HD) programming or 90 hours of standard definition programming (SD).
* The capability to display High Definition images in either 720p or 1080i resolution, delivered to the iQ2 using advanced MPEG4 compression.