Panasonic Unveils All-In-One Grill & Oven ‘Microwave’
Panasonic has taken on the likes of Breville, KitchenAid and Sunbeam, with the release of its new 27L all-in-one ‘microwave’, which claims to deliver convection heating, grill and combo cooking in one unit – from “grilled fish to a roast chicken.”
The new NN-CD58JS (A$549) will release locally in September, offering simultaneous combination cooking, and a ‘Junior Menu’ of 8 pre-programmed options for child cooks.
The microwave has moved its fan to the internal top, making room for a 34cm turntable to accommodate large plates and dishes.
Panasonic asserts the NN-CD58JS is 20% smaller than conventional models, catering to increasingly compact kitchens.
Samantha Dawson, Panasonic Product Marketing Manager, claims the device is positioned as a “mainstay” kitchen appliance, and an excellent solution for healthy meals amongst time-poor families.
Specifications for Panasonic’s new microwave range is below, with further information available on the company’s website here.
NN-CD58JS (RRP $549)
(Below launching mid-August)
NN-ST64JW (RRP $259)
- 32L Inverter Microwave Oven with graduated power control for more evenly cooked food.
- The Inverter Turbo Defrost setting to significantly reduce defrosting time
NN-ST65JW (RRP $279)
- 32L Inverter with Sensor Microwave Oven – sensor automatically chooses the correct power level and cooking time
- Reheat sensor automatically adjusts time and power level when food is being reheated, with Inverter Turbo Defrost.
NN-ST67JS (RRP $369) – stainless steel front, half mirror glass door and silver chassis (32L with LCD touch panel)
NN-ST69JS (RRP $395) – stainless steel front and silver chassis (32L with LCD touch panel)
The NN-ST64JW, NN-ST67JS and NN-ST69JS models all have an optional Trim Kit to integrate the microwave into kitchen cabinets for a sleek, stylish look.
NN-ST25JW/NN-ST25JM (RRP $139)
- Nine Auto Menu Cooking categories, Auto Defrost Menu, Auto Reheat and five variable power levels
- Available in metallic silver and white