Kogan Take On Samsung With $800 QLED TV
Local e-commerce behemoth, Kogan.com, has taken on Samsung by launching its own 55-inch QLED 4K HDR TV – available at a pre-sale price of $799 including shipping.
The product claims to be the “most affordable QLED TV on the [Australian] market”, incorporating Quantum Dot Technology (QLED) and HDR picture for a premium viewing experience “without the price tag.”
The news comes as competition in the local TV market continues to intensify, with the release of several affordable premium options from the likes of TCL and FFalcon.
Kogan.com’s 55-inch QLED TV pre-sale price and free shipping deal is available until August 30, coinciding with spike in consumer income following recent tax cuts.
Earlier this week, JB Hi-Fi reported a record FY19 financial report, with Chief Executive Richard Murray crediting tax cuts for assisting the sales lift.
“We’re incredibly excited to enter the most affordable QLED TV to the market, and solve the problem Aussies face of sacrificing high quality viewing due to price,” claims Sergiy Bobrovnychyy, Kogan.com Director of Exclusive Brands.
“The innovation of QLED technology has transformed the way we watch TV, although with it’s notoriously high price point it’s not something the everyday Aussie has been able to afford.”
Kogan QLED 55″ Smart HDR 4K TV key features include:
- 4K Ultra HD 3840 × 2160 resolution at 60Hz
- Fullview, nearly bezel-less design for immersive viewing
- Mesmerising colour reproduction with Quantum Dot Technology (QLED)
- Intense contrast with High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Easy access buttons for Netflix and YouTube*
- Catch up for free to air channels – 10 Play, SBS On Demand, ABC iview, 9Now and more!
- App portal access for iflix, ErosNow, YuppTV, Toon Googles and more!
- Screencast for Android and Windows 10 devices
- Linux Smart OS, Wi-Fi and Lan connectivity
- 2 x USB and 4 x HDMI ports