Yamaha Debuts New Aventage Cinema Amplifiers
Yamaha has expanded its pro home cinema range with the new CX-A5200 AV pre-amplifier and MX-A5200 power amplifier – offering a 11.2 channel “flagship pairing”. The news follows the Australian launch of its Aventage Series 9.
The new amplifiers succeed the previous CX-A5100 and MX-A5000, adding several new features including ‘Surround:AI’ (CX-A5200).
Developed by Yamaha, Surround:AI claims to continually optimise surround effects in real time.
The mode focuses on dynamic range, dialogue, sound effects, background music and channel balance for optimal sound field delivery, at any point during a movie.
The CX-A5200 will launch in Australia from September, with the MX-A5200 landing October. Both products will retail for $3,899 each, with an extended 5-year manufacturers’ warranty and 2-year replacement period.Yamaha Music Australia Product Manager AV, Damien Henderson, claims Surround:AI reaffirms Yamaha AVENTAGE’s premium position in the local market – notching over ten years.
Further information is available on Yamaha’s website here.
- 32-bit performance
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound
- Decoding up to 7.2.4-channel processing
- Further refined CINEMA DSP HD3 signal-processing
- Two ESS SABRE PRO Premier DACs (ES9026 PRO)
- two subwoofer pre-outs and a stereo input for high-end source components
- seven 4K Ultra HD HDMI inputs with HDCP 2.2
- three HDMI outputs (2 simultaneous; 1 an additional zone) capable of BT.2020 wide colour gamut video in three HDR formats − HDR 10, Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)
- 150 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20kHz, 0.06% THD, 2 channels driven)
- large high-output toroidal transformer
- two high-capacity block capacitors
- bridge Tied Load (BTL) option boosts output to the front left and right channels
- can be configured to bi-amp up to five speakers.