Home > Brands > Telstra Reveals Mandatory End To Copper Lines Delay

Telstra Reveals Mandatory End To Copper Lines Delay

SYDNEY: Telstra has decided to delay the disconnection of legacy copper lines in fire-affected areas

Some fire-affect regions were already taken off the schedule, but Telstra has now increased the number of States and postcodes which would have been impacted.

The telco had earlier said it made the call “to minimise risks to front-line staff, and to protect existing lines of communication for affected customers”.

It will now suspend disconnection of legacy copper services in more bushfire affected postcodes in NSW, South Australia, Victoria and the ACT. The disconnection suspensions also include all regional areas of NSW, Victoria and the ACT.

Telstra said the mandatory disconnections will still go ahead, but the starting date has been pushed back to July 10.

You may also like
NBN Co Urged To Bring Telstra Fibre Into Mix
Optus Q4 Revenue Down 9% Amid COVID19 & Price Competition
Two-City Start For Telstra’s New 5G Portable Gadget
Motorola On A Roll As Retailers & Carriers Take On New Models
Telstra Trials High-Spectrum 5G