Belkin’s Big Bang: Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD For Mac and PC
Equipped with two Thunderbolt 2 ports, Belkin’s new dock allows users to take full advantage of Thunderbolt 2 technology and its high-speed 20Gbps bandwidth, and provides reliable transfers between laptops and up to eight other devices using one single Thunderbolt cable.
Designed for PC and Mac, Ultrabook, laptop and desktop users who have a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port, Belkin says its dock helps increase productivity, portability and connectivity.
There are eight ports including support for HDMI, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, audio and Thunderbolt 2.
The dock supports up to eight devices connected directly to the dock, with support for up to four additional (five total) Thunderbolt devices through a daisy-chain setup.
You can also display the clearest picture through either the HDMI or Thunderbolt 2 port at a resolution of up to 4K.
The USB 3.0 ports naturally allows for charging of smartphones, tablets and other higher amperage devices, even when the host computer is asleep or not connected to the dock.
It also offers Thunderbolt 2 data transfer speeds of up to 20Gbps, which is two times faster than Thunderbolt, four times faster than USB 3.0 and up to 25 times faster than FireWire 800.
Belkin’s Product Manager for ANZ, Aaron Shooter, shoots straight when he says that “Belkin’s Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD delivers maximum transfer speeds for creating and editing, and is an exceptionally high performing product that creates a more efficient work environment. The all-in-one solution takes full advantage of the Thunderbolt technology and creates endless possibilities for a consumer’s setup.”
Intel’s Director of Thunderbolt Marketing (who knew there was such a position!), Jason Ziller said: “As consumer preference for a mobile and versatile workspace increases, Thunderbolt 2 continues to deliver unparalleled performance, flexibility and simplicity to personal computing. Products like Belkin’s Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD help highlight what Thunderbolt 2 makes possible.”
The Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD (F4U085au) is available now from Belkin’s website and from Apple stores with a RRP of $349.95 and includes a Thunderbolt cable in the box.
– Connect 8 separate devices such as drives and monitors through a single Thunderbolt cable
– Two times faster than Thunderbolt, four times faster than USB 3.0 and 25 times faster than FireWire?800
– Compatible with Thunderbolt 2 and backward-compatible with Thunderbolt devices
– Supports dual displays (when one display is a Thunderbolt display)
– Supports 4K cinema resolution for up to 1 display
– Connect up to 8 devices directly to the dock, and daisy-chain up to 4 additional Thunderbolt devices (The total number of devices supported through daisy-chain is up to 6 from your ultrabook, or up to 5 from the Thunderbolt 2 Dock.)
– Mac and PC compatible
– Brushed aluminium finish
– Includes 1M Thunderbolt cable
– Compatible with: laptops, ultrabooks and desktop computers with Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 ports
Equipped with the following ports:
– Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports
– One HDMI Port
– Three USB 3.0 Ports + charging support
– One Audio Out Port
– One Audio Out Port with mic support
– One Gigabit Ethernet Port
– One AC/DC Power Input
– Requires computers with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port as well as Mac OS X v10.9 or later, or Windows 7 or 8.
– For PC users, go to Belkin’s Thunderbolt page to download Windows System Drivers
– 4K resolution currently only supported on Mac OS X v10.10
– For Ethernet support on Mac OS X v10.8.x, v10.9.2, and v10.9.4 also go to Belkin’s Thunderbolt page to download drivers.