Razer Unveils New “Streamer-Certified” Gaming Mic & Light
Lifestyle gaming brand, Razer, has unveiled two new “streamer certified” products, inclusive of the world’s first desktop camera equipped with an adjustable ring light.
The company announced the new products at ‘Twitchcon’, an event which celebrates the gaming broadcasting community.
Razer states that the items will “set new standards for streamer excellence”, and are suitable for “professional-grade video streaming”.
Razer Co-founder and CEO, Min-Liang states of the new products:
“Streaming has become an integral part of the gaming community”
“We took a hard look at what streamers really needed, and engineered products to support those specific use cases. The result are products that produce professional quality streams while remaining accessible to beginner users”.
Both the Razer Kiyo and the Razer Seiren X will be available to purchase online from October 2017.
Below are some features and specifications for each product:
- World’s first desktop camera equipped with an adjustable ring light
- An all-in-one solution which provides high image quality and professional-grade lighting without additional accessories
- Twelve levels of brightness, to achieve ideal lighting in any environment
- High-definition video outputs at 720p with 60 FPS – (up to 1080p with 30 FPS)
- Compatible with Open Broadcaster Software and XSplit
Razer’s new Kiyo device is intended to prevent streamers working with low-light compensation and lowered frame rates.
- Connection type: USB2.0
- Image resolution: 4 Megapixels
- Video Resolution: 1080p @ 30FPS / 720p @ 60FPS / 480p @ 30FPS / 360p @ 30FPS
- Video encoding: YUY2/MJPEG or H.264
- Still Image Resolution: 2688×1520
- Image Quality Settings Customization: Yes
- Diagonal Field of View (FOV): 81.6 °
- Focus Type: Auto
- Mounting Options: L-shape joint and Tripod (Not included)
- Cable Length: 1.5 meters braided cable
Razer Seiren X
Razer Seiren X: AU$159.95
- Professional-grade USB condenser microphone
- Features world’s first inbuilt shock mount
- Provides all-in-one professional setup in a “compact, portable form factor”
- 25 mm condenser capsules – provides enhanced recording sensitivity
- Features super cardioid pickup pattern – which records sound at a tighter and more precise angle, better optimised for streaming.
- Removable desk stand, for seamless portability
- Power required / consumption: 5V 100mA
- Sample rate: min 44.1kHz / max 48kHz
- Bit rate: 16bit
- Capsules: Ø25mm condenser capsules
- Polar patterns: Super-Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity: 17.8mV/Pa (at 1kHz)
- Max SPL: 110dB (THD < 1% at 1kHz)