NetComm Introduces VDSL/ADSL Wireless AC1600 Gigabit Gateway
NetComm Wireless has introduced its VDSL/ADSL Wireless AC1600 Gigabit Gateway (NF17ACV), designed to deliver “a fast and powerful wireless experience” as households move to the NBN.
The NF17ACV provides access to VDSL2 or ADSL2+, along with FTTN/FTTB/FTTH services when available, is equipped with 802.11AC Wi-Fi and features 3 x 3 MIMO internal antennas.
“Congestion is reduced with multi-device access on 2.4 Ghz and 5 GHz bands simultaneously, and the ultra-fast 1,600 Mbps network optimises the communications link to set-top boxes, smartphones, laptops and gaming consoles,” NetComm states.
Functioning as a media hub, it connects two USB devices for accessing and sharing of media, and uses the UPnP standard to enhance wireless home networking.
“Home networks now have the capacity to handle extreme media use across all connected devices with access to Gigabit Ethernet and support for the fastest available Wi-Fi,” David Stewart, NetComm CEO and managing director, commented.
“The NF17ACV is the fastest gateway in our VDSL range, and delivers the ultimate triple play experience, with the capacity to support changing connectivity needs into the future.”
- Fully featured VDSL2/ADSL2+ gateway
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 LAN ports
- NBN and UFB ready – 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port
- VoIP feature for HD-quality voice calls
- Next-generation Wi-Fi 802.11 AC1600, dual-band concurrent
- 2 x WPS push buttons for the quick and easy connection of wireless devices on both 2.4 Ghz and 5 GHz bands
- Access and share media and file content across the wireless home network
The NF17ACV will be available late May, priced at $248.60 RRP.