LG G2 Mini-Me Revealed
LG’s first “compact” smartphone, G2 mini, will be unwrapped at Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, next week, it confirmed today.
The 4.7-inch Android qHD IPS (960 x 540) phone has 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core processor, a rear 8mp camera /13mp( LATAM LTE version), 1.3mp front cam.
It runs Android 4.4 KitKat and has other extras found on its big brother like Guest Mode, Plug & Pop, Clip Tray and Capture Plus, and Rear Key.
G2 mini will be available in: Single/Dual SIM, 3G/4G LTE and four colours Titan Black, Lunar White, Red and Gold.
It weighs 121g and has a 2,440mAh battery. LG is targeting the mid-tier phone user, and is now the No. 4 largest phone maker globally with 5% share, rising in the last year.
Mid market, cheaper devices are where the real growth in the smartphone market lies this year, says analysts.
“The G2 mini is all about bringing the best user experience of the G2 to a more compact, mid-tier device, giving millions of customers the opportunity to benefit from the LG premium experience,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, CEO of LG Mobile.
“This device offers the perfect balance of modern design and practical UX in a compact package without compromising performance.”
The G2 mini 3G (Dual SIM) global rollout will commence in March. However, no word on local availability from LG Australia but it is most likely the G2 will be sold here.
– Chipset: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core MSM8926 (LTE) / MSM8226 (3G)
– 1.7GHz Nvidia Quad Core Tegra 4i (LATAM LTE version)
– Display: 4.7-inch qHD IPS (960 x 540)
– Memory: 8GB eMMC / 1GB RAM / SD Card Slot
– Camera: Rear 8.0MP / 13.0MP (LATAM LTE version) / Front 1.3MP
– Size: 129.6 x 66.0 x 9.8mm
– Network: Cat. 4 & VoLTE / Cat. 3(LATAM), HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
– Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), A-GPS, NFC (4G LTE version only)